Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oriental Beef and Noodles

16 ounces broccoli stir-fry vegetables
2 pounds beef stew meat
12 ounces sesame ginger stir-fry sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
3 ounces ramen noodles, broken

Place frozen vegetables in a 3 1/2 - 4 quart slow cooker. Top with meat, In a medium bowl, combine stir-fry sauce, water, and red pepper. Pour over meat and vegetables in cooker.

Cover and cook on low heat setting for 9-10 hours or on high heat setting for 4 1/2-5 hours. Discard spice packet from noodles [or save it for another use]. Stir noodles into meat mixture in slow cooker. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Stir before serving.


For the life of me I could not find the sesame ginger stir-fry sauce. So I used Kikkoman's plain stir-fry sauce. Delicious. I would happily endorse Kikkoman's products. I've used the soy sauce, and the sweet and sour sauce, and now the stir-fry sauce. Very excellent. I like more sauce so I used two bottles that makes 24 ounces. No red pepper, and I serve it with rice instead of using the noodles.

It was excellent.

I believe though that I would cook the meat and add the vegetables in the last hour of cooking. If you use low heat turn it on high when adding the defrosted veggies. - there was nothing left of the broccoli by the time we were ready to eat.