Friday, August 5, 2011

Grilled Chicken

A few weeks ago we were barbecuing hamburgers and hot dogs when I got this really off the wall idea to get him to cook my two chicken breast halves for lunch later. Now, if I haven't said it before - he hates chicken. This time however, he comes back in with the chicken and tell's me that if I tried the chicken I would want to eat it not, the hamburgers.??? What? You liked this?? Well, of course I had to sample my chicken, he was right!
Last time however he was paying more attention than this time, and this time he burned it - yuck. But it is worth a try if you can keep the black stuff off... Grin.

Grilled Chicken Breasts
Serves: 4

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
8 tablespoons olive oil
1 package all good Italian dressing seasoning mix
8 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
black pepper, to taste

Rinse the chicken breast. Flatten with the flat side of a meat mallet.

Dry chicken breasts and rub with 1 tablespoon oil per side. Pepper to taste on each side. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon salt on each side. Then divide the dressing mix per each side of chicken. Place the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Grill over hot, direct heat, for about 15-20 minutes per side, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.

Enjoy.