Thursday, September 13, 2007

Well, dinner went well. He liked all, except the cabbage. But that is OK. It was napa cabbage or bok choy instead of the head cabbage everyone is used to. I used that because it was leftover from the won tons I made a few nights ago. It has only a very light cabbage flavor after it's cooked, so it was ok; I didn't much care for it cooked this way either. Oh, well.

Dinner tonight:

Indoor Barbecued Chicken

Again this is an adaptation of my mother's recipe. She would just simply pour barbecue sauce over the top of some chicken and bake at 300 degrees until they were done. This would turn out O.K. it would often be burned on top though. What I do is dilute the Barbecue sauce down a little bit with water, and baste it periodically during the baking. This prevents it from being burned and keeps the chicken moist as well. This is good, but he doesn't like chicken. He'll eat it though.